Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Quick Trip to Clarksville

I was excited to be able to go to my Army friend, Claire Teter's baby shower in Clarksville. There are a few ladies that I have kept in touch with after our time as active duty Army and one of my first friends was Claire. We met when Jesse and I were stationed at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland and came together to 2nd Brigade of the 101st Airborne. She was a rock for me while we lived there - we went through a deployment together, were in Officers Christian Fellowship together, and we worked out a lot while there in Zumba or just taking LONG walks. Ellie and I took a quick trip over so we could take some gifts for Baby Annie and surprise Claire. It had been in the works for a while and it was great to see her! Claire threw me a baby shower while we were at Ft Campbell and I couldn't wait to support her like she did for me. Ellie and another little boy, Sammy, helped Claire open her gifts and we all had a good time.
After the shower, I went to my old co-worker Carrie's house to stay for the night and we had a cookout with 2 of my other old co-worker's, Alexandria and Jasin, who are now married! We ate together and played games and laughed. It was wonderful to see them again. Ellie had a blast!
The next morning, Ellie and I drove back and stopped in Nashville to meet Poppi & Pippa (Bill & Cindy Mason) at Cracker Barrel for brunch so we could catch up with them. That helped me break up the trip. It was a fast trip, but great to see all of the people I crammed in to the short visit!

No comments:

Ellie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers