What a milestone! After having Ellie's 18 month check-up and shots, she weights 25 lbs and is over 32 inches tall. Such a big girl! Lots has changed over the last month, including having her daddy home, and even Jesse commented on how much she has changed and grown in the last few weeks. Here are some of the changes:
1. Ellie will no longer sit in a high chair in a restaurant - it's either a booster seat or on the regular seat like a big girl. It was like a switch went off and she just couldn't be confined like that any longer.
2. She has added at least 4 more teeth to the mix (all 4 dagger teeth are about 1/2 way in).
3. Her vocabulary is growing weekly - Dada is now Daaayee, Memememe is now Mom, etc. Also, she is now saying words like kitty, bye bye, bear, all done, cheese and Boz. Of course, none of them sound the way you read it, but we at least are expanding the communication!
4. She ate something "bad" and had a throw-up weekend which was no fun for mommy and daddy. She also had an abscess that we had to take her in for recently and she was a total trooper with the doctor.
5. She drinks her milk by herself while she walks around instead of sitting in Mommy's lap (sigh).
6. She has had 3 swim lessons and is really starting to catch on to the pool.
7. She loves playing outside with her mini-pool and gardening tools.8. She's back to eating lots of fruit and even has a "fruit dance" that she does when she eats it.
It has been so great having Daddy home to share all of these new things with us. Ellie is totally smitten with him and calls his name looking for him when he's not around. This next goodbye is going to be a tough one - she is very aware of his presence or lack thereof. We can't believe that she is this old already, but we are enjoying every minute of it! Praise God for a Daddy at home and a healthy, happy little girl!