Ellie is officially 1 year old now...man, I can't believe it! She is no longer considered an infant, but now a toddler. It's crazy how fast it seems that this year has flown, but at the same time, there were moments that dragged on FOREVER! She is starting to really develop her "look" and it's a guessing game each day on who she looks like more. Here's a list of a few things about her that are new:
1. Tooth #8 cut through this past week so she has the middle four top and bottom teeth now. She is able to chew/bite into her food well.
2. She is starting to eat more of the same food as us, which is great! I still chop or cut stuff up for her compared to how we eat it, but she loves picking food up and feeding herself (definitely some independence in her personality).
3. She is weaned from the bottle to a sippy cup for her formula (soon to be milk). She is also only drinking a "bottle" when she wakes up and before she goes to bed.
4. She has really started laughing (see earlier video post) and enjoys doing it the most with her Daddy (especially at bath time).
5. She isn't walking yet, but she can stand on her own for a while and we've seen her getting more confident to start trying soon when she goes from the couch to the table without falling or when she pops up with her butt in the air in a sort of push up position.
6. She has gotten ear infection #2 this past week, but is feeling much better.
7. She can crawl up the stairs all by herself (hence baby gates being put up in the past 2 weeks).
8. She is fully in 12 month clothing, but will still not tolerate shoes or socks on her feet (her Mommy has a plan up her sleeves for this one).
9. She is much better at communicating than before with pointing and noises for the things she wants. She is also better at back and forth "talking" with us.
10. She still cries if we leave the room, but it's never for long.
Motherhood has completely changed my life with good days and bad, but the one thing that remains constant is an undescribable love for this child. I look at her and can't believe that she is mine, she is healthy, and I am one of her favorite people! Thank you, Lord, for giving me this amazing and beautiful baby girl.