Wednesday, August 27, 2008

God Bless Interviews....EVERY ONE!

You know that feeling when you get "the call" from a possible future employer to come in for an interview? I've had a few of those recently, and each time, I can't help myself but to start picturing what my office would look like, what the people I work with would be like and how it fits into my career and personal goals. This is not entirely a bad thing, because at least I know what I want when I go into the interview. Last week, I had one I really liked and I hope I get, but I won't know until possibly the end of next week. I had another one yesterday and I left feeling great about it, but I didn't get a call back - it was just bizarre. I came highly recommended by a big whig there and they gave me great feedback, but didn't ask me back. The only thing I can come up with is that maybe I am overqualified for this job and I wanted more out of it than they can give. My greatest advantage in "unemployment land" has been that I don't HAVE to take just any job - my husband supports us just fine. I would just like to have something to fill my time as well as something that is all mine. I won't lie - I'm tired of putting on the suit and preparing for the round-robin grill time by a committee. We'll see what God has planned for me while Jesse is gone. We'll see what happens, but I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have my fingers crossed for you. Let me know how it all turns out. I'm really really sorry I didn't catch you over the holiday weekend.

Unknown said...

Any more news? I'll keep praying for you and Jesse! Let me know if there is any way I can help with the job search!

Ellie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers