Ellie is growing up! Each month, I am amazed when I look back at all of her new tricks and how she is changing. I can't believe she is already 9 months old - seems crazy that time has passed by so quickly, but if you asked me about the day she would be 9 months old when she was born, I would have passed out at the thought of how long that would be. So, here's the monthly report of what she can do now:
1. I found her standing in her crib not too long ago and now all she wants to do it stand everywhere!
3. I've added a few foods in for her to start getting used to big people food (like pureed pot roast or bites of our food at the table).
4. She can feed herself these little flavored puffs and she likes to make lots of noise as she does it.
5. She has learned to clap (Patty Cake) and has really discovered her hands in the last few weeks and the movement she can make with them.
6. Tooth #4 is here so she doesn't have to look like a little snaggletooth for long on her top two teeth.
7. Her "Army high crawl" is getting faster, but she is still trying to figure out how to move on her knees and hands. We've witnessed a few tries on the knees, but she defaults back to the ol' trusty reliable way to get around.
8. She loves to sit at windows and mirrors.
9. She is wearing 6-9 month clothing and size 3 diapers.
10. She had her 1st check-up with her Knoxville pediatrician and she weighed 18lbs 10 oz (48%)and is 27 inches long (50%). I expected her to weight over 20 lbs since it's been 3 months, but she has remained at a steady weight gain and is doing great!
11. She goes to a Parent's Day Out program on Thursdays from 9am - 2pm and loves being around the other kids (and it gives Mommy a break).
12. She has swam in a real pool 2 times this month with her Aunt April and once with her Daddy and her friend Reagan (RayRay).
13. She still loves to be read books and her favorite toys have been cups that she can yell in, any TV remote or cell phone she can hold and bite on, and her cat face that meow's at her.
It's amazing how quickly this time with her is going, but I am truly blessed to be able to watch this adorable little girl grow up. I can't even imagine life without her now. I love you, Ellie Belly!