Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last Day at Austin Peay

**December 11, 2009 - last day working at Austin Peay State University**
Most people would be jumping up and down at their last day of work, but I had a lot I wanted to finish before I left this job feeling good about it, and there were many aspects of the job I will miss. Looking back, even though my position required a LOT of hours and hard work, plus all of the drama, I would have to say that it was a job I loved. I loved my co-workers, my kids and most of all the "behind the scenes" busy work that produced a great program. Most of you know, but we have been without a Director in our office since May of this year and the 3 of us (Carrie, Alexandra and I) had to pull together an amazing team effort to implement our Fall semester of events and programs without too many kinks. I'd have to say that we did a pretty fantastic job, even getting compliments from the big wigs around campus! So, to my team of co-workers, I will be sad to not work with you anymore. You are 2 amazing ladies that I will miss, especially our morning updates and times of laughter. Hang in there! To my students, make GPC something great and treat it with care! We have worked hard together to make it what it is today. To my busy work, contracts I will miss you the most! To the other Austin Peay Staff that I worked with, thanks for the support and encouragement as Jesse and I take on this new adventure in our lives! I had a great experience overall working at Austin Peay and I appreciate all of the opportunities I was given to become a better Student Affairs professional. Let's Go Peay!

No comments:

Ellie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers