Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Taste of the Busiest Week of My Career

So this past week was the busiest week of my entire career - Homecoming at Austin Peay State University! Since we are still without a Director in our office, the entire week has been coordinated by me. I didn't do every event during the week due to some other offices helping out, but I definitely did the big stuff. Monday, I was in charge of our annual Step Off, where organizations compete against each other in step routines (http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009910270322). Tuesday, we had a Bonfire (minus the fire due to rain) to announce the Homecoming Court and have a pep rally for the football team. Wednesday was the AP Apollo, the annual talent show put on by my students in the Govs Programming Council. We actually went over capacity of the auditorium and had to kick people out (who we saw watching from the windows)! Thursday, was the largest event - LADY ANTEBELLUM!! This event took the most planning and was the peak of my week. Catherine Raney, Tim McGraw's cousin, was the opener and she did a great job. I met Tim's mom and she was so sweet. Lady Antebellum did a great job and really enjoyed the students. We had over 1,000 come to the concert and everything went without a hitch. Friday was my catch-up day that other department did events and then the week finished with Saturday's parade and half-time Queen/King announcement that I had to organize. I'm so glad the week is done - it wore me out and it definitely didn't help that I was 8 months pregnant doing it all! Now, I am enjoying my day of rest. Enjoy the pictures of the concert!

Catherine Raney (Opener)

No comments:

Ellie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers